Thursday, August 18, 2011

Angels' Game!

A little before the game was supposed to start, I got a call from the friends I was going with and long story short, I ended up driving myself to Edison Field, hitting every single red light and hitting traffic on all three freeways it took to get there. And I got lost. Parked amidst a bunch of sketchy drunk tailgaters and booked it across the street.. by myself. The game itself was enjoyable, an interesting mix of fans and non-fans and just baseball-pathetic. And right as we were losing hope about seeing ANY action at all... there was a home run. From the other team. Grr. Left after the most amusing kiss-cam I've seen in all my years of the game. A little old man doing a fist pump before kissing his wife. A couple flat out giving the camera a not amused face. A girl looking away and the boy pulling her close. An awkward couple looking at each other only to have the man lean over his daughter to kiss his wife. It's cute.
Seeing as I parked it a sketchy area, sports fans are known to be rowdy and the fact that I am all by myself (cue Celine Dion song) I asked my friend to drive me to my car. Little did we know it would take the better part of half an hour to actually reach my car, with all the roadblocks for traffic control being set up. However, we did get to see the Disneyland fireworks and watch the halo light up, meaning, we won!  At long last we kind of found where I parked, I got out at the stop sign and booked it to my car and back home, all the while feeling very unsafe. 
And now I'm back.
With a large handful of free Jack in the Box pancake coupons
and an Angels gnome bobblehead.
I have a midterm tomorrow. I guess I should study or something? 
Until next time.... if anyone reads this anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment