Monday, January 4, 2010



“I sent Linden back to New Zealand. Green card ran out. It was either that, or get married.”
“What was wrong with her?”
“Absolutely nothing,” Seven confessed. “SHe cleaned like a banshee, never let me wash a dish. She listened to everything I had to say, she was a hurricane in bed. She was absolutly crazy about me, and believe it or not, I was the one for her. It was like, ninety eight percent perfect.”
“What about the other two percent?”
“You tell me. Something was missing. I couldn’t tell you what it was, if you asked, but it was off. And if you think of a relationship as a living entity, I guess it’s one thing if the missing two percent is like, a fingernail. But when it’s the heart, that’s a whole different ball of was.” He turned to me. “I didn’t cry when she got on the plane. She lived with me for four years, and when she walked away, I didn’t feel much of anythign at all.”
“Well, I had the other problem. I had the heart of the relationship, and no body to grow it in.”
“What happened then?”
“What else? It broke.”

-- My Sister's Keeper

1 comment:

  1. hi, love.
    i like your blog and the pictures and i like that you had lychee in your drink.
    you should have more of that. ;)

    ReplyDelete